- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
- SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- CONTACTING US
- LAST REVISION DATE
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
Generally. We collect personal information in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide. We collect and store personal information including your email address, user name and password, shipping address, billing information, and phone number when you register for an iRobot account, use the iRobot Services, shop online, sign up for offers, or communicate with us. If you register your device online or through mail or another registration means, we also collect information about your Robot, such as the device ID, serial number or product code.
- Information we receive from third parties. If you interact with our website or Apps through various social media, such as when you Like or Follow us on various social networks, or access our Service through a third party connection or log in, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, to process and ship orders, to provide customer service, and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you information about your orders, product sales, special offers, and new site features. You can control your receipt of email by visiting your Account page on our Web Site or through the App. We may also send you Service-related emails or notifications (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not be able to opt-out of Service-related e-mails. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Information We Collect from Registered Devices.
Some of our Robots are equipped with smart technology which allows the Robots to transmit data wirelessly to the Service. For example, the Robot could collect and transmit information about the Robot’s function and use statistics, such as battery life and health, number of missions, the device identifier, and location mapping. When you register your Robot with the online App, the App will collect and maintain information about the Robot and/or App usage, feature usage, in-App transactions, technical specifications, crashes, and other information about how you use your Robot and the product App. We also collect information provided during set-up.
We use this information to collect and analyze statistics and usage data, diagnose and fix technology problems, enhance device performance, and improve user experience. We may use this information to provide you personalized communications, including marketing and promotional messages, such as emails providing product order information when your device indicates a battery is low. Our Robots do not transmit this information unless you register your device online and connect to WiFi, Bluetooth, or connect to the internet via another method. It is possible to use our smart technology Robots without WiFi or Bluetooth data transmission, simply by disconnecting your WiFi or Bluetooth from the device or by never connecting it at all.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use the iRobot Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Customers. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. The information generated by the cookies used to analyze your use of our websites (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored on servers in the United States.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the websites; (b) provide and serve custom, personalized advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Services; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and the Services; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
2. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as iRobot, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, affiliates, and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, solely in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing e-commerce services, content or service fulfillment, billing, web site operation, payment processing and authorization, customer service, or providing analytics services. For additional information on the way in which these organizations treat your personal information, you may contact us as set out below;
- With your consent, to third parties who we think may offer you products or services you may enjoy;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to Like or Follow us on social media and that action may be posted to your timeline, visible to your friends or followers or otherwise shared publicly.
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Access, correct and update personal information. You can access, correct and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on “My Account” on our website. For Canada residents: You may access, correct and update information that is not available though “My Account” by writing to us at the contact information set out below.
Marketing communications. You can control your communication preferences through “My Account” page on our Web Site or App. You can also click the “unsubscribe” button on any promotional email communication we send you. Note that you may not be able to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
Device collection. You can control or stop the collection of usage data from your registered iRobot device by disconnecting your WiFi or Bluetooth from the app, for example, by changing your WiFi password. Please contact us at global.irobot.com if you have questions about disconnecting your Robot.
You may “opt-out” of the collection of information through some cookies or other tracking technologies by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please review the technical information for your browser or mobile device for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. In the United States and Canada, you can opt-out of many network advertising programs that track your activities across multiple websites to deliver personalized advertising content to you by visiting aboutads.info/choices and networkadvertising.org/choices (United States) or youradchoices.ca (Canada). Deleting browser cookies can remove your opt-out preferences, so you should use these tools periodically to ensure that your preferences are up-to-date.
Data Retention: You may contact us at global.irobot.com to request your personal information be deleted from our systems. We reserve the right to de-identify your personal data, including information about Robot and Service usage, and to retain your anonymized information for our own records.
4. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
iRobot cares about the security of your information and uses physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to help to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. If you wish to change your password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of your password, please contact us at global.irobot.com or by phone at 1-800-727-9077.
iRobot may process your personal information on servers not in your home country. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States or any other geographic location. If you are accessing the website or Service from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law or the laws of any other jurisdiction where we or our service providers process your personal information may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction, and in certain circumstances, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of these other jurisdictions.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are not directed to persons under 13 and we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under 13. If you become aware that personal information about a person under 13 has been provided to us, please immediately contact us using the details below.
6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
7. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Revision" date below and will post the updated Policy on this page.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
8 Crosby Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
Alternatively, you may send us an email at global.irobot.com with the words "California Privacy Rights" in the subject line.
9. CONTACTING US
If you have questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at global.irobot.com or by writing to us at:
8 Crosby Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
- LAST REVISION DATE
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, 09/30/2016