iRobot – Australia
For the purposes of data protection laws, iRobot Corporation is the data controller of personal information we hold about you.
1. How we collect and use information
2. Sharing personal information with third parties
3. Your choices regarding your information
4. Security and storage of information
5. Children’s privacy
6. Links to third party websites
7. Updates to this policy
8. Notice to you
9. Contact us
10. Last revision date
Robot & Data Security at iRobot
At iRobot, we take the security of our products very seriously. If you’re an iRobot customer, and you use our connected products, here is all the information you need to know about iRobot’s product security principles. Data Security
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect personal information to provide you with a personalised, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide. We collect and store personal information including your email address, user name and password, shipping address, billing information, and phone number when you register for an iRobot account, use the iRobot Service, shop online, sign up for offers, or communicate with us. If you register your device online or through mail or another registration means, we also collect information about your iRobot device, such as the device ID, serial number or product code.
- Information we receive from third parties. If you interact with our Web Site or Apps through various social media, such as when you Like or Follow us on various social networks, or access our Service through a third party connection or log in, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Service.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, to process and ship orders, to provide customer service, and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you information about your orders, product sales, special offers, and new site features. You can control your receipt of email by visiting the “My Account” page on our Web Site or through the Apps. We may also send you Service-related emails or notifications (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not be able to opt-out of Service-related e-mails. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Information We Collect from Registered iRobot Devices.
Some of our iRobots are equipped with smart technology which allows the iRobots to transmit data wirelessly to the Service. For example, the iRobot could collect and transmit information about the iRobot’s function and use statistics, such as battery life and health, number of missions, the device identifier, and location mapping. When you register your iRobot with the online Apps, the Apps will collect and maintain information about the iRobot and/or App usage, feature usage, in-App transactions, technical specifications, crashes, and other information about how you use your iRobot and the product Apps. We also collect information provided during set-up.
We use this information to collect and analyze statistics and usage data, diagnose and fix technology problems, enhance device performance, and improve user experience. We may use this information to provide you personalised communications, including marketing and promotional messages, such as emails providing product order information when your device indicates a battery is low. Our iRobots do not transmit this information unless you register your device online and connect to WiFi. It is possible to use our smart technology iRobots without WiFi data transmission, simply by disconnecting your WiFi from the device or by never connecting it at all.
Other than cookies, we automatically collect certain types of usage information when you use the iRobot Service. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Customers. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Customers to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. You may set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain these technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our Customers. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Customers, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store information including a unique identification number associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model and phone number. We will not collect or track you exact location without your consent. Where necessary we will seek your consent before using information, including GPS coordinates, about your exact location.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Web Site; (b) provide and serve custom, personalised advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Services; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Web Site and the Services; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
The information generated by your device or browser used to analyse your use of our Web Site (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored on servers in the United States.
2. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Third party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, solely to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing e-commerce services, content or service fulfillment, billing, web site operation, payment processing and authorization, customer service, providing analytics services, or providing professional services. For additional information on the way in which these organizations treat your personal information, you may contact us as set out below;
- With your consent, to selected third parties who we think may offer you products or services you may enjoy;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to Like or Follow us on social media and that action may be posted to your timeline, visible to your friends or followers or otherwise shared publicly.
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our Terms of Service, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of iRobot, its Customers or the public as required or permitted by law and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Access, correct and update personal information.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information: (i) the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used; (ii) the right to access the personal information we hold about you; and (iii) the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you and to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with local data protection laws.
You can access, correct and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on “My Account” on our Web Site. You may access, correct and update personal information that is not available though “My Account” by writing to us at the contact address set out below. Please provide as much information as you can about the personal information you are looking for and we will be happy to try and help you find it.
Please note that, in some circumstances your access and/or correct request may be refused. For example, if giving access would be unlawful or prejudicial to enforcement activities conducted by an enforcement body. If so, we will provide you with written reasons for our refusal.
To otherwise exercise your rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us using the details set out in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Marketing communications. From time to time we may contact you with information about our products and services. Most marketing messages we send will be by email. If you do not want to receive marketing messages from us, you will usually be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we first collect your contact details.
You can control your communication preferences through the “My Account” page on our Web Site or App. You can also click the “unsubscribe” button on any promotional email communication we send you. Note that you may not be able to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
Online advertising. We, or our third party advertising partners, may show advertisements to you on our Web Site or our Apps. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use or connect to our Web Site, our Apps or the types of other web pages, social media service, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to our Web Site or our Apps with, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to our Web Site or our Apps.
We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure the adverts you see either on our Web Site, our Apps and other parties’ websites and apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to you.
You may “opt-out” of the collection of information through some cookies or similar technologies by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please review the technical information for your browser or mobile device for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools.
Data Retention: You may contact us at global.irobot.com to request your personal information be deleted from our systems. We reserve the right to de-identify your personal data, including information about iRobot device and Service usage and to retain your anonymised information for our own records.
If you have any concerns that your personal information may have been compromised or wish to make a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please contact us at global.irobot.com or by using the “Contacting Us” details below and setting out the nature of your complaint.
We will investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with a response within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Australian Customers: If, after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint has not been resolved, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
4. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
iRobot cares about the security of your information and uses physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to help to preserve the integrity and security of all personal information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any personal information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose personal information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. If you wish to change your password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorised use of your password, please contact us at global.irobot.com or by phone at +1-800-727-9077.
iRobot may process your personal information on servers not in your home country. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States or any other geographic location. If you are accessing the Web Site or Service from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law or the laws of any other jurisdiction where we or our service providers process your personal information may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction, and in certain circumstances, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of these other jurisdictions.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Service is not directed to persons under 13 and we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under 13. If you become aware that personal information about a person under 13 has been provided to us, please immediately contact us using the details below.
6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
7. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
8. NOTICE TO YOU
9. CONTACTING US
In the United States:
8 Crosby Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
In the European Union:
10 Greycoat Place
London SW1P 1SB
PO Box 55, Deer Park LPO, Deer Park, VIC 3023
10. LAST REVISION DATE
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, 8/28/17